Price per m² from: €65.90 Price per m²: €59.31 Price per m²: €65.90 incl. VAT plus shipping costs. Item no. 833095
Delivery time approx. 5-7 Days
CNC cutting accurate to the millimetre
free assembly tool
Start WhatsApp chat
This opaque black carbon film from 3M is ideal for car wrapping. It can be used for creative designs on flat and curved surfaces. This film is also used in decorative and advertising technology, e.g. for vehicle lettering, signage and markings.
It is very dimensionally stable and resistant. Due to its 3D embossed surface, it looks very similar to real carbon.
Please note that the colour reproduction can only serve as a non-binding guide.
Included in deliverytransfer concentrate, art. no. 020010 additionally. It makes the installation easier and leads to a better result. Alternatively, you can also use a pH-neutral cleaner. This must be pH-neutral to prevent streaks from forming together with the film adhesive!
Any offcuts are not included in the scope of delivery.
Warranty of the manufacturer
The manufacturer grants a durability guarantee of 2 years on these metal effect foils when mounted vertically outdoors. Indoors, the durability is considerably longer.
Due to the risk of glass breakage, these metal effect films should not be applied to windows or glass doors that are exposed to the sun.
|Film thickness||approx. 160 µm|
|Adhesive strength||1,5 - 4,0 N/cm|
|Dimensional stability||maximum -1,50|
|Temperature range||-30° C to + 80° C|
Can I get a free foil sample?
Of course, please click on this link to access the corresponding order form. You are welcome to add to the list of items if you wish. There are no costs for you!
Will you also cut the film for me?
We cut each film to the exact millimetre according to the dimensions you enter. The cutting is free of charge. You can find detailed instructions on how to measure your panes here.
Alternatively, you can also cut your film by hand with a cutter knife. However, this requires a little manual skill, so you are usually better off using our free service.
Can you also cut a round blank or other geometry?
In general, almost all 2D shapes can be produced. Many geometries (e.g. triangles, trapezoids, circles) can be ordered directly via the online shop. To do so, please click on the orange rectangle to the right of the article image. You can then choose between many different shapes.
For shapes that are not specified, please send us a small sketch (photo) in which you specify the side lengths, radii or angles. Please contact us for this purpose.
Does the film also adhere to surfaces other than glass?
The window film adheres to all surfaces that are approximately as smooth as glass. When applying the film to plastic, please bear in mind that the adhesive may bond with the plastic, making it impossible to remove the film cleanly later.
How can I clean my window pane with the film in place?
You can keep your window pane clean as usual. The film should not be rubbed with sharp-edged objects (e.g. a brush).
You can find more information in our guide General care instructions for window films.
Can the film be removed without leaving any residue?
All window films can be removed without leaving any residue and without damaging the glass surface!
Below you will find detailed instructions on how to remove old window films.
Can you also print on films?
Unfortunately, we do not currently offer foil printing and do not have any partner companies with whom we can realise foil printing.
Assembly instructions for coloured vinyls (self-adhesive)
You will need the following items
- Plastic bottle with hand sprayer, adhesive tape, paper towels (not included)
- Transfer concentrate (not included)
- Glass cleaner (not included) or commercially available glass cleaner
- Installation squeegee and glass scraper blade (included free of charge in the delivery).
- Two people should carry out the installation!
- Do not install any film at temperatures on the installation side below +6° C.
- Fill the spray bottle with 0.5 litres of water and add the transfer concentrate (30 ml) (enough for approx. 6 to 7 m² of glass surface).
Thoroughly clean the glass with commercial or our glass cleaner!
Remove all sticky particles (e.g. paint or fly dirt) preferably with the glass scraper blade. No dirt residues should remain on the glass!
- The sandblasting foil consists of the mostly white backing paper and the actual sandblasting foil.
Now place the sandblasting foil with the view side down on the glass pane or similar. You are now looking at the back of the film.
Then carefully and slowly peel off the backing paper at as shallow an angle as possible until it is about halfway along the entire length of the film. Cut the backing paper and stick it back onto the sandblasting film with a gap of about 2 cm to the remaining backing paper.
- Now hold the Colour foils in place while the 2nd person
starting from the corner, and at the same time spray the adhesive side of the Colour foils that is now exposed with the liquid.
Afterwards, the glass pane (surface to be pasted) must be sprayed with the liquid. Do not be sparing with the liquid, the film and pane should be well wet.
- Place the Colour foils on the glass, the film should slide back and forth well, otherwise spray the glass again.
- Now spray the other side of the Colour foils as well, this will make it easier for you to work with the mounting squeegee.
- Now press the liquid out evenly with the mounting squeegee from the centre to the right and to the left. Make sure that there is no residual water left under the film! Repeat this procedure several times to remove even invisible water residues. When doing this, wrap the supplied squeegee with a paper towel to avoid any scratches.
- Carefully wipe the edges and the foil with a soft cloth. If necessary, press the edges again with the mounting squeegee.
- Now let the Colour foils dry for three days without touching it.
- Wait two weeks before cleaning the film for the first time and never use hard objects (brush or blade) to clean it. Commercially available glass cleaners can be used.
FAQ`s about the installation
Can I carry out the film installation alone?
For larger pieces, it is recommended that two people carry out the installation. This makes it easier to handle the film and place it on the pane.
How can I avoid dust inclusions under the adhesive back side?
In addition, do not lay the Colour foils after peeling off (covers the adhesive side for transport) on the floor to get it wet. Rather, pull a table nearby to spray the film on. On the floor you will always stir up very fine dust particles, which will then settle on the adhesive side facing upwards. These dust particles can later show up on the pane under the Colour foils, which is something to avoid.
Can I apply the Colour foils without transfer concentrate?
We strongly advise against the use of water diluted with detergent. This can lead to streaking due to a reaction with the film adhesive.
Does the film have to be applied perfectly to the glass at the first attempt?
After mounting, small bubbles formed the next day
In any case, you should wait this time and do nothing. In most cases, the blisters disappear all by themselves!
How easy is it to remove the film?
It is possible that residues of the film adhesive remain in some places. These can be soaked with our adhesive remover or acetone and then removed again with a glass scraper or ceramic field scraper. You will find detailed instructions on how to remove window films on our homepage in the FAQ`s.