Price per m² from: €99.90 Price per m²: €89.91 Price per m²: €99.90 incl. VAT plus shipping costs. Item no. 171010
Delivery time approx. 1-4 days
CNC cutting accurate to the millimetre
free assembly tool
|Sun protection||high (50-75%)|
|UV protection||with (> 99%)|
|Mounting side||Indoor assembly|
Start WhatsApp chat
Cold protection film for windows reduces energy loss in winter
With this Low-E film, there is a 35% reduction in winter heat loss on single glazed windows and 25% on double glazed windows. The heat loss on foiled windows is significantly reduced, which in turn reduces the energy required to keep the heat out. This reduces heating costs and lowers the general CO2 emissions. The transparency of this insulating film is only slightly tinted and almost unrestricted compared to an unfoiled window.
Energy saving function
- This film has a special coating that reflects the infrared rays that are in every heated room and want to pass through your window pane to the outside. This prevents the heat from being drawn outwards. In addition, the perceived coldness near the window disappears when you hold your hand in front of it. The heat reflection into the room is a remarkable 35 % on toughened glass. On double glazing it is 25%.
- Another effect is that the dew point on your window pane is lowered. If, for example, your window pane starts to get damp at +1°C without the film, the dew point shifts downwards by -2 to -3°C with the cold protection film fitted. The pane would therefore only start to sweat at approx. -2°C. This temporarily saves you having to wipe the windows in the morning.
This window film is used wherever, in addition to winter heat loss and summer heat protection, the appearance of the building should not or must not be noticeably changed (museums or buildings that are listed).
The solar radiation is reduced by this energy-saving film. Thus, the rejection of the total solar energy (reduced radiation on the glass) is 58% with the film for interior installation.
In addition, there is the enormously high UV protection of about 99%. This reduces the heating of the rooms, the indoor climate becomes more pleasant, the energy costs for air conditioning are reduced, the fading of furniture and carpets is reduced and the building does not experience any visual change.
Explanation of the sun protection function
- This insulating film lets the sun's rays into the room in winter, but does not let them through in summer. Since the sun is lower in winter than in summer, the sun's rays hit the film at a different angle. The coating is designed in such a way that the sun's rays are transmitted at a shallow angle and steeply incoming rays are reflected.
The scratch-resistant surface of the sun protection film makes it easy to clean with standard glass cleaners. It is dirt-repellent and easy to clean.
Not suitable for roof windows
This insulating film should not be installed on a skylight because of the necessary internal mounting. For windows that are tilted towards the sun, we recommend a silver mirrored sun protection film for external mounting.
Included in deliverytransfer concentrate, art. no. 020010 additionally. It makes the installation easier and leads to a better result. Alternatively, you can also use a pH-neutral cleaner. This must be pH-neutral to prevent streaks from forming together with the film adhesive!
Any offcuts are not included in the scope of delivery.
The manufacturer provides a 5-year guarantee on this cold and energy-saving film. This guarantee covers flaking, yellowing and demetallisation of the film.
The durability of the films for interior installation is 7 to 10 years in Central Europe, depending on various factors.
|Heat transmission coefficient (U-value)||3,4|
|Total energy transmittance (g-value)||0,49|
|UV reduction||99 %|
|Glare reduction||24 %|
|Total energy rejection (exterior)||66 %|
|Heat rejection (interior)
Single / double glazing
|35 % / 25 %|
The values of the properties were determined by the film manufacturer. They have been calculated on 3 mm glass using the appropriate methodology and are subject to variations in process conditions in industrial production. They are for estimation purposes only.
The following table shows the hemispherical emissivity e of the film as well as Ug-value of the combination of the film with different reference glazings:
|e||Ug [W/m²K]||Ug [W/m²K]||Ug [W/m²K]||Ug [W/m²K]|
|Insulating foil 171010||0,33 +/- 0,02||4,3||2,3||1,2||1,1|
The emissivity of 171010 is significantly lower than that of uncoated float glass, the influence on the Ug-value is clear for single glazing, and still noticeable for uncoated double glazing. For thermal insulation glazing, the influence of the low-emissivity coating on the Ug value is small.
|Film thickness||approx. 50 µm|
|Adhesive||Pressure sensitive adhesive system|
Based on technical data and extensive experience, we can recommend mounting on the following vertically installed glass types:
|Glass type||Number of|
|Single glazing||1 (-fold)||until 1978||5,7 - 5,8||yes|
|Double glazing||2 (-fold)
|1978 - 1994
1995 - Today
1978 - 1994
|3.0 - 3.4
1.2 - 2.5
2.1 - 2.4
|Thermal insulation glazing||2 (-fold)
|1978 - 1994
1995 - Today
|1.7 - 2.1
0.4 - 1.4
|Solar control glazing||2 (-fold)
|1978 - 1994
1995 - Today
1995 - Today
|1.4 - 2.0
1.0 - 2.5
0.5 - 1.3
To avoid glass breakage, the entire pane must always be coated with this film; partial coatings are not permitted.
These recommendations may still result in glass breakage due to various factors at the installation site. According to our AGB, §10 paragraph 3 we do not accept any liability for this.
This film is not suitable for sloped glazing (e.g. skylights), as there is an increased risk of glass breakage.
Can I get a free foil sample?
Of course, please click on this link to access the corresponding order form. You are welcome to add to the list of items if you wish. There are no costs for you!
Will you also cut the film for me?
We cut each film to the exact millimetre according to the dimensions you enter. The cutting is free of charge. You can find detailed instructions on how to measure your panes here.
Alternatively, you can also cut your film by hand with a cutter knife. However, this requires a little manual skill, so you are usually better off using our free service.
Can you also cut a round blank or other geometry?
In general, almost all 2D shapes can be produced. Many geometries (e.g. triangles, trapezoids, circles) can be ordered directly via the online shop. To do so, please click on the orange rectangle to the right of the article image. You can then choose between many different shapes.
For shapes that are not specified, please send us a small sketch (photo) in which you specify the side lengths, radii or angles. Please contact us for this purpose.
Does the film also adhere to surfaces other than glass?
The window film adheres to all surfaces that are approximately as smooth as glass. When applying the film to plastic, please bear in mind that the adhesive may bond with the plastic, making it impossible to remove the film cleanly later.
How can I clean my window pane with the film in place?
You can keep your window pane clean as usual. The film should not be rubbed with sharp-edged objects (e.g. a brush).
You can find more information in our guide General care instructions for window films.
Can the film be removed without leaving any residue?
All window films can be removed without leaving any residue and without damaging the glass surface!
Below you will find detailed instructions on how to remove old window films.
Can you also print on films?
Unfortunately, we do not currently offer foil printing and do not have any partner companies with whom we can realise foil printing.
Assembly instructions for Insulating films (self-adhesive)
You will need the following items
- Plastic bottle with hand sprayer, adhesive tape, paper towels (not included)
- Transfer concentrate (not included)
- Glass cleaner (not included) or commercially available glass cleaner
- Installation squeegee and glass scraper blade (included free of charge in the delivery).
- Two people should carry out the installation!
- Do not install any film at temperatures on the installation side below +6° C.
- Fill the spray bottle with 0.5 litres of water and add the transfer concentrate (30 ml) (enough for approx. 6 to 7 m² of glass surface).
Thoroughly clean the glass with commercial or our glass cleaner!
Remove all sticky particles (e.g. paint or fly dirt) preferably with the glass scraper blade. No dirt residues should remain on the glass!
- The sandblasting foil consists of the mostly white backing paper and the actual sandblasting foil.
Now place the sandblasting foil with the view side down on the glass pane or similar. You are now looking at the back of the film.
Then carefully and slowly peel off the backing paper at as shallow an angle as possible until it is about halfway along the entire length of the film. Cut the backing paper and stick it back onto the sandblasting film with a gap of about 2 cm to the remaining backing paper.
- Now hold the Insulating foils in place while the 2nd person
starting from the corner, and at the same time spray the adhesive side of the Insulating foils that is now exposed with the liquid.
Afterwards, the glass pane (surface to be pasted) must be sprayed with the liquid. Do not be sparing with the liquid, the film and pane should be well wet.
- Place the Insulating foils on the glass, the film should slide back and forth well, otherwise spray the glass again.
- Now spray the other side of the Insulating foils as well, this will make it easier for you to work with the mounting squeegee.
- Now press the liquid out evenly with the mounting squeegee from the centre to the right and to the left. Make sure that there is no residual water left under the film! Repeat this procedure several times to remove even invisible water residues. When doing this, wrap the supplied squeegee with a paper towel to avoid any scratches.
- Carefully wipe the edges and the foil with a soft cloth. If necessary, press the edges again with the mounting squeegee.
- Now let the Insulating foils dry for three days without touching it.
- Wait two weeks before cleaning the film for the first time and never use hard objects (brush or blade) to clean it. Commercially available glass cleaners can be used.
FAQ`s about the installation
Can I carry out the film installation alone?
For larger pieces, it is recommended that two people carry out the installation. This makes it easier to handle the film and place it on the pane.
How can I avoid dust inclusions under the adhesive back side?
In addition, do not lay the Insulating foils after peeling off (covers the adhesive side for transport) on the floor to get it wet. Rather, pull a table nearby to spray the film on. On the floor you will always stir up very fine dust particles, which will then settle on the adhesive side facing upwards. These dust particles can later show up on the pane under the Insulating foils, which is something to avoid.
Can I apply the Insulating foils without transfer concentrate?
We strongly advise against the use of water diluted with detergent. This can lead to streaking due to a reaction with the film adhesive.
Does the film have to be applied perfectly to the glass at the first attempt?
After mounting, small bubbles formed the next day
In any case, you should wait this time and do nothing. In most cases, the blisters disappear all by themselves!
How easy is it to remove the film?
It is possible that residues of the film adhesive remain in some places. These can be soaked with our adhesive remover or acetone and then removed again with a glass scraper or ceramic field scraper. You will find detailed instructions on how to remove window films on our homepage in the FAQ`s.
We will be happy to send you a free sample of this and up to four other films without obligation.
The samples are approx. 9 x 9 cm in size and will be sent to you free of charge and without obligation by letter post.
1. select sample (max. 5 pieces)
|Insulating film, lightly tinted transparent
Please select at least one sample!
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
We have received your foil requests.
The samples are usually sent to you within one working day.
Determine your energy saving potential
Savings in the year
Tool for easy assembly
The tool sets and accessories offered by Velken will be very useful for the success of your installation! Adhesive films, electrostatic films, decorative coatings... for each product there is the appropriate tool.
In addition to the assembly video, take a look at the detailed assembly instructions.
Click here to view these question(s).